Thursday, March 1, 2012

Review: Our pre-honeymoon: Genting Highland

I can't believe how time actually flies by so fast. It has been 5 months since I got married to my husband! I feel blessed and happy with all the love, the only drawback is we rarely have a private moment, since we're living with my in-laws while waiting for our house to finish.

We had arranged for a honeymoon to Krabi on November but due to my health, we were forced to cancel the trip. So now my heatlh is better, we decided to have a mini honeymoon in Genting Highland instead last weekend.

From Bangi. we enter Karak highway to Genting. The road was a bit trikcy but compared to the road to Cameron Highland and the treacherous Bukit Fraser, this one is farbetter.

since he was driving, there's no picture of me in the car... :)

We arrive at Genting at 10.30am. My god, it's cold up there!!! I thought the weather is like Cameron Highland as it gets warmer approaching noon but no, Genting was cold, cold, cold! We left our bags in the car and first thing we did was to find the ticket counter.

There are a lot of counters there so we didn't line for long to get our ticket. We opted for the All Park pass for one day so we have access to most of the game for outdoor and indoor themepark. For both of us, it costs about RM130. Well, he's paying so I'm fine with that.

The themepark was not really packed so walking around was quite a breeze. We went for the boat rides first.


our view from the boat rides.

15 minutes after the boat rides, we went to my favorite game, the Sungai Rajang cruise! It's the water-log rides that will get you wet! It's quite fast and my husband was already fidgeting as he has issues with anything that is fast, high altitude and requires seatbelts. Luckily, we made it out alive, only scarred by our clothes being drenched from the water and a rush of adrenaline to our heart.


Two wet people after the big splash

After the splash, we dried ourselves at the outdoor cafe. The sun was already high up in the sky but the cold breeze made it so refreshing so we lazed around and waited for the clothes and us to dry.


Cold but happy people

The rest of the day, we split between the indoor and outdoor parks. Since my husband is afraid of the thrill rides, we didn't go for the main attraction (corkscrew, space shot) but still it was a good holiday. Only the downside is the food over there is quite expensive so if you plan early, it's better to bring a picnic basket to save you a couple of bucks.

The next day, we went to Bukit Tinggi. There's nothing much to do over there but the scenery is really beautiful so there's a lot of photographer addict around. It makes me want to put my feeble Lumix away, peer pressure I guess.



with our souveneir from genting


I like this picture the most


This one remind me of Beauty and the Beast

For mini honeymoon, I had so much fun with just the two of us. A weekend away from familiarity, it's good to nurture our relationship. Now, we are waiting for Krabi in April, our official honeymoon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment