Sunday, March 4, 2012

How I met my husband...Part 1 (the first lunch and how it all started)

Not in one million years I'm telling this story to brag (no one reads this crap anyway) but I'm writing this just in case if little nicos will ask someday and I blurred on the details so this will do (everything on the internet stays forever right?)

If I have one word to describe everything that happen between us, it will be 'divine intervention' (so what if it is two words, it's not a contest). First, let me tell you a bit of my previous life, my life before I met him. I had met a lot of guys, nice ones, jerks ones, real jack-ass ones but if I have to say how many serious relationship I've had before I've met him, it would be two. One lasted for three years and it's over because I caught him cheating on me...twice and one more lasted 3 months because family objections. At 26 and most of my friends have settled down and I wasn't exactly the type of girl who guys see and sing at bar with, I figured I am content with what I had, a job, mama and abah, my bestfriend Aliaa and my love for movies.

Settling with that, I kinda excuse myself from the dating scene, no one date, no internet dating, no nothing. I knew at that time mama was very concern about me. I'm living quite far, no one exactly close to help me by. She was even upset when she found out that there were no single guys in my Master classes! But being stubborn, I said to my mom that I was fine the way I was.

Why am I saying it's divine intervention because of the conversation I had the night before I met him. My bestfriend, Aliaa was calling me from UK and we had a heart to heart talk. I remember telling her that my colleague and me had an eye candy with one of our male colleague and I told Aliaa blatantly that I kinda miss being back in the game of dating. The get to know part, the dress up and look nice part, the dinner part. I had no idea that these testament turned to bite me in the most wonderful I could have imagined.

The next day, my friends from work decided to have a little get together. The semester has ended, finals were in. Who knows the 'little' gathering turned out to be a big group lunch because some friends were bringing other friends and guess what? One of my friends brought him! But we didn't really notice each other at that time because I had to leave early for work purpose and he was busy with my other friend at that time but it didn't take long for us to notice each other, really it's only 24 hours after that lunch...


The big lunch aka the first time we met. I was not in the picture because I was the camerawoman and funny thing is I was also not in the one that he took because he asked me to take the picture, pretty coincidence right?

Continued in part 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment