Sunday, March 4, 2012

How I met my husband...Part 2 (the second lunch)

Continued after part 1...

Remember I wrote that it only took 24 hours for us to notice each other? It did in a different place but the same activity, lunch!

I had finished marking my final exam and Reiko, my friend had some problems with hers so she wanted to blow off some steam and she suggested that we went to Dataran Pahlawan and eat at Zen, the place that had the best chocolate lava ever! Since I was free and available, I said yeah and I asked another friend of mine, Baya if she wanted to come too.

5 minutes before we took off, Reiko asked me if I mind to pick her friend at the city campus to join us for lunch because he wanted to meet his friends afterwards. I did not mind at all because the city campus is along the way to Dataran Pahlawan so I said yes and the friend that she brought turned out to be...my husband!!

So there we were, four of us so it was easier for us to notice each other. I was friendly and so was he therefore there were never really awkward moment between us. What really kicked off between us was I found out that we shared one common interest, the Japanese manga One Piece. He mentioned that he downloaded every single one of One Piece episode and I at that time was catching up with the Impel Down saga so I asked him if he could transfer the episode in my external hard disk, which was for no apparent reason was in my handbag. Then I did the thing that I normally, almost never do,giving him my phone number! I'm a friendly gal, yeah but I have this rule of not giving out my phone number until it was safe to do so. Because I am not the type of girl who loved the suddenly 'hi' sms or 'buat ape tu?' sms. I used bill, each sms cost me 50cents dammit!

So after lunch, we left him there because he said that he was going to meet his friends afterwards. Along the way home, I had a thought in my mind that keep saying 'A next door guy who is crazy about manga and hardcore gamer, where in the world would I find that type?' and what's more bizarre is I find his knack of maintaining the pronoun 'saya' in conversation is highly attractive. The voice kept telling me to go for it, he's the kind of guy that is worth getting to know, divine intervention right?

When I got home, the first thing I did was to check out the manga website, to see whether One Piece chapter was up. There was a new chapter so for the next 15 minutes my mind was focusing on reading the chapter. Once done, my thought went back to him and I was telling myself 'should I sms him, should I not?' In the end I caved in and I sms him telling him that the new chapter was awesome. His next reply was to ask who I was and I realized that he hadn't saved my number because I wrote mine on a tissue paper. So I told him I was the gal that gave you the number and asked to give me One Piece episodes. He remembered and he replied he made sure he checked the new chapter once he got home. I wonder what was he thinking when he received that sms? Maybe I'll ask him tonight... :)



This is the cover of the One Piece chapter that I read after the lunch, it was the episode when they descendant to Fishman Island and about to meet Kraken. Kraken then becomes another part that further glued our relationship... :)

Continued in Part 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment