Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How I met my husband...Part 4 (the dinner, the surprise and Harry Potter)

Part 4 continues... (I didn't know there are others except my husband, who I forced to read this but thanks anyway...XOXO)

So after the lunch and the checking, we had a steady routine in our friendship. Sometimes he came over my desk and we chatted, he sent me MMS of his One Piece figurine (which I jealous to see) and always the favorite past time...eat, eat and eat! In the evening, we had tea over a small stall that we called 'bukit'. This teatime was always the part that his friends would start teasing us endlessly and the leader of the pack was always, our over the top divalicious friend Idham (XOXO!). For one, he started calling me 'kakak ipar' which I found embarrassing but flattering at the same time. When they teased us, my husband didn't exactly tried to stop them but he didn't actually add salt to it either. Later in marriage, my husband confided in me that he would sent a 'thank you' sms to Idham for doing it back then. So that's another divine intervention sent from Allah to us, a form that is smart, brutally honest always ever cracks our belly with hilarius poisonous jokes! So, technically Idham was his wing man back then.

As he had his wingman, I had mine although mine was over thousand miles. Whenever something interesting happened, I could always turn to my god given solace friend, Aliaa. At that time, our FB kept 'ding!' because there's always something new to tell (I used broadband at that time, so I did not abuse UiTM wireless connection, ok?). She was very supportive of this new friendship I built and prayed for the best. I think, without her encouragement, I would not have half the gut to pursue this. So for both of you two, only Allah knows how to repay how much you did for us :)

The next excitement of my life was the premiere of the 7th Harry Potter movie! Seriously, I could not wait for the movie to come out that time. The funny thing is Harry Potter and me had a bizarre correlation. One week before the debut of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I broke up with my boyfriend of three years and also one week before the premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I pulled the plug on the relationship I had that time. I know as Muslim, I shouldn't be superstitious but honestly, I did have my worries...And something did happen during this Harry Potter moment! But instead of a closure, it was an opening...and opening of my heart...our hearts...

What do you know, he also anticipated the Harry Potter movies as well! So, we decided to watch it together, not as a date but with our friends as well. But the rest was a bit undecided whether they can join us or not. He wanted to bring his little sister and I was racking in my head, since I did not have the guaranteed friend to tag along with me, I needed a plan B, to hijack my friend from Penang, Nadiah.

We plan to watch the movie on the 19th November and conveniently our friend Syai, her wedding was the next day. So, I sms Nadiah to come over from Penang and stay in Melaka with me and we can go together to the movie and the wedding. Thank goodness, she agreed and I was set with a friend for the movie.

We bought the ticket for 1030pm show, so we decided to have dinner at Seoul Garden first. Exams were over, paychecks were in, time to eat big and enjoy! So we met up at Seoul Garden, he with his sister and Nadia with me, table for four...

I was not worried about Nadiah because she is easily sociable (all TESLians are...no rocket science here) and she is a mega hardcore manga fan so there's plenty to talk about without leaving her out. Dinner was fun and with the help of Nadiah, he got a glimpse of how was me during my degree time. He got to know the fun we had, we people we unitedly annoyed and all the projects, vacations and drama on and off when I was studying.

Through the course of dinner, he suddenly said that he had something that he wanted to give to thank me for checking his article. I said he didn't have to but he said it's something that he wanted to do. My initial thought was maybe he would give me just a bar of simple Cadbury that you can get easily at 7E. How little of I knew about him and his character that time was the reason of how little I knew how I should have reacted when I got the surprise.

To my surprise, he gave me chocolate all right but also a bouquet of roses (dark red!) and a card. In my life, aside from stupid request game in high school and during convocation (my last convo, I only got plastic flower from my parents, pretty pathetic) I never ever ever ever ever received roses from anyone! (like I said, I'm not the type of girl who guys see and sing at bar with) so this was big!!! Other than thank you and it's lovely, I didn't remember what else I did. In fact, I think I didn't want to recall, it was so surprising at that time, I'm sure I reacted abnormally...

After dinner, we crossed over to Dataran Pahlawan and watched the movie. During the walk, I remembered that both of us were trying to get over the shock we had during the surprise. I think he also surprised himself when he did that to me. As for me, it was the first of the loveliest thing he did to me. Until now, the string of affection and gesture never stops and I thank Allah for letting him to be mine...


I didn't keep the roses and chocolate anymore, but this is the card that he gave me. Truthfully, I was thankful that it didn't have the word 'love' in it because I had no idea how I'm going react to that!

Continued in Part 5...

No comments:

Post a Comment