Wednesday, March 31, 2010

of crappy room and teaching styles...

Everything has a two sides. Coins, colors, seasons, gender. Same thing with what I am experiencing in Melaka. There are good sides and bad sides. Good sides are of course financial freedom, doing things that I love and meeting all these bright young individuals. The bad sides are unstable schedule, lack of entertainment and the one that bothers me most, the condition of classroom. One of my group is unfortunately to be placed in one of the crappiest room that is available here. Between there and the bunk of the World War II remains, I prefer the bunk. At least it got walls.

So when the inevitable happen, the best thing to do for me is try to make it at least acceptable. So, hence come the teaching style. To compensate for the damp condition of the room, I make myself a nice display. Does not mean that I become Tyra Banks because in my wildest dream I can be as hot as her but I make myself as lively as I can. I have to be active to make them active. So at least we can enjoy ourselves for being in that unfortunate room.

Unfortunate events seem to stroll one after another. Just then I find ourselves to be bearable there, protest exist. It's hard to compromise I know but isn't a teacher supposed to be empathy. Here we are trying our best to make it good but instead somebody else stepped it and complaining about it as if we don't know the real crap in the first place.

Well, the solution is to move out and trust me, I should have done that in the first place. Let they have one less problem to worry with and same goes for us too.

No comments:

Post a Comment